Introduction to SOMATIC EXPERIENCING® SE
Introductory Seminars are an opportunity to experience the basic theoretical overview of SE(TM) practice and how it complements and enriches traditional trauma work approaches. This introductory workshop is offered within two days, consisting of six hours each with two hours for lunch. Alongside the theory teaching, there will be three hours of practice training in the afternoon, in pairs and triads under the supervision of an experienced assistant.
Prerequisite for the three-year training in Somatic Experiencing®
If you wish to register or to receive more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
participant fee €350
About the Introduction course
Somatic Experiencing® (SE™) is a body-centered approach to managing traumatic stress based on the belief that our nervous system, with the right support, can naturally regain balance. This method was developed by Dr. Peter Levine, author of the bestseller Waking The Tiger.
Somatic Experiencing® sees people as unique beings, endowed with the instinctive ability to heal themselves, as well as the mental capacity to use this innate ability. SE™ asks the interesting question, “Why do animals in nature, although constantly threatened, rarely suffer the effects of traumatic stress?”, and answers it. Understanding the process that makes wildlife essentially “immune” to stress reveals the mystery of human trauma.
Somatic Experiencing® is an approach to managing PTSD based on observing animals in the wild and how they manage to regulate and counteract the high levels of stress they often experience.
The seminar introduces the general concepts of neuroscience on which the SE™ method is based, the skills required to facilitate this physical process and the SE™ vocational training program.
The seminar will combine theoretical material, lectures and exercises and will cover the following topics:
- Definition of psychological trauma in terms of Somatic Experiencing®.
- What is Somatic Experiencing® and how does it differ from others?
- Basic concepts and guiding principles of SE™.
- Autonomic nervous system and normal relationship with psychology.
- Sustainability and self-regulation.
- Basic skills and group practice.
- Treatment session video material.
- Questions and answers.
The seminar is addressed to:
- Psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists.
- Child psychologists, Neuropsychologists.
- Doctors, health professionals and researchers.
- Paramedics, nurses, physiotherapists.
- Osteopaths, cranial therapists, equine therapists.
- Social workers, coaches.
- Massage therapists, yoga therapists, body specialists.
What will you personally get from the seminar?
- More knowledge about psychological trauma and their consequences in the body, about practical methods and strategies of wound healing.
- Certificate confirming your knowledge and skills.
- Ability to enroll in 3 years of training to become a certified professional in the Somatic Experience methodology.
- There is a possibility of sessions by approved SE™ practitioners (SEP), on the same dates.
The cost of the Seminar (350 euros) includes:
- Detailed methodological guide in English and Greek
- Video of the seminar as well as all the slides and material from the teaching
Duration: 3 days online
The language of the seminar is English.
The possibility of translation into Greek is provided.
Instructor: Rachporn Sangkasaad Taal, SE Faculty
Upcoming Introduction Course Dates
Introductions will be made online.
To register interest please email email@example.com
The currently scheduled training dates are: